Everyone in the retail business will understand the seasonal sales slumps, the different ups and downs that are part of selling your goods from storage shelves in your Melbourne store, but there are a few things you can do to improve sales overall, try some of these in your store.
- Your sales staff are your link to your customers so hire or develop your existing staff so they can offer your customers exceptional service and a truly comfortable experience while in your store and will want to return.
- Strong store visuals are so important when someone enters your store; they need to see that the shop is clean, tidy and not cluttered with ample room to view the displays. People do not like to be confused, so remain simple and easy to follow.
- Have your store so it is easy to walk around and make focal points for people to focus on good selling items.
- As you are hoping to attract repeat as well as new customers it is vital that your displays are updated regularly with fresh new stock.
- Insure that all your customers are not kept waiting and that if waiting for such things as fittings or getting stock from storerooms is inevitable that their wait is as comfortable and interesting as possible. Don’t waste the time they are in your store.
- A shop needs to have a winning assortment of complimenting merchandise and accessories that will appeal to your expected customers.
- Try integrating internet shopping in your store so your customers can view your virtual store collect and possibly pay for items online then pick them up directly from your store.
- Mobile ordering is also an extension of your virtual online presence so you can deliver straight to their home.
- Loyalty programs are a great way to let your customers know that you are there to serve them and it gives you a contact point for them so you can add them to your mailing list.
- Communication is very important so ensure you have a proactive website where they can contact you with quires and requirements.
- Always strive to be open, honest and authentic with your customers.
- Be community conscious and show that you support the community, offer prizes from your store for community and school fundraising raffles.
- If you have room, take donations from the community for all the local charities. That way more people will enter your store and see your wares.
- Promote upgrades from all your suppliers and use the opportunity to offer add-on’s to your customers to appeal to a wide range of tastes and requirements.
- Be aware that to increase your overall sales you have spread the load and not focus on only one aspect of your business so try rearranging your store with new storage shelves from Melbourne suppliers.
A retail shop is all about attracting customers to your store and once inside, making sure their time with you is interesting stress free and of value to them. If you offer value you will get it back in the form of sales and repeat customers add an internet shop as an option for your customers.